Registering for Language Center Courses
Semester break courses: February 1, 2022 until 10 days before the start date of the relevant course
Courses during summer semester 2022: March 21 - April 11, 2022, 12 noon
1. When, where, and how do I register?
There are different registration procedures depending on the language, course level, and time when the course takes place (i.e., while classes are in session or during semester breaks). Here is some important general information: General information on registering for a course and how places are assigned (PDF)Registration for
Courses that will take place while classes are in session (all languages except German as a foreign language and Japanese) (PDF)
Courses that will take place during semester breaks (French, Italian, and Spanish) (PDF)
German as a foreign language courses (PDF)
Japanese courses (only for students enrolled in relevant degree programs) (PDF, German version only)
2. Before you register: Placement tests/Language tests
Have you checked the above charts to see what you need to do to register? Do you have to take a placement or language test? If so, you’ll need the following information to plan your next steps.
- General Professional Skills (ABV) placement tests: Students with existing knowledge of the relevant language and who are registering for General Professional Skills (ABV) modules must take a placement test 2–3 weeks before the period when classes are in session. For some languages, you need to register in advance.
- Language and placement tests for prospective students: The tests for prospective students applying for bachelor’s degree programs with specific language requirements can take place as early as 1-2.5 months before the period when classes are in session. You must register for these tests in advance.
Registration dates and appointments for tests will be published here:
- Dates: General Professional Skills (ABV) placement tests
- Dates: Language and placement tests for prospective students
- Dates: onSET-Deutsch Placement Test
3. Online form for course registration
Registration for semester break courses (winter semester 2021/22: Feb.-April 2022)
Registration opens: February 1, 2022
Deadline for registration: 10 days before the start date of the relevant course
> Semester break courses and start dates – winter semester 2021/22 (PDF)
> Online forms
Registration for courses that will take place while classes are in session (summer semester 2022)
Registration opens: March 21, 2022
Deadline for registration: April 11, 2022, 12:00 noon (Please note: Other deadlines may apply for German as a foreign language courses.)
> Online forms
4. Notice of successful registration
You can find out whether you have a place in your selected course by checking online on the Friday before the course starts.
(Exception for German as a foreign language: we will let you know by email whether you have been assigned a place.)
> Course lists
5. Registration in Campus Management
Semester break courses:
It is not possible to register for these courses in Campus Management. The Language Center will register the course in the Campus Management system and will enter the results when you have completed the course.
Courses that take place while classes are in session:
If you are assigned a place, you should absolutely register in Campus Management starting in the middle of the second week of classes. This registration must be for the specific course for which you have been assigned a place.