Centre for Independent Language Learning
The Centre for Independent Language Learning (CILL) supports autonomous and social language learning and teaching. For students and teachers of the language modules it offers support for language learning in the non-contact hours through:
- learning materials and resources (among others in our WEGA catalogue)
- study guides and tasks for different languages and cross-language
- a comprehensive website with learning resources and language learning links
- a language advising service
- tutorials, workshops, and peer-worskhops
- language cafés
- support for tandem (language partnerships)
- advising and workshops for teachers.
The Centre for Independent Language Learning is open to everyone (members of Berlin and Brandenburg’s institutions of higher education, as well as all persons over 16 years of age) who want to learn a language autonomously, alone, in goups, and/or in tandem.
Our provision focuses on the languages taught at the Language Centre:
Arabic, Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
We have ressources for other languages as well.
Centre for Independent Language Learning: Rooms KL 26/225 and KL 26/224 Where do you find us?
Mailing address: Habelschwerdter Allee 45, 14195 Berlin
Director: Dr. Maria Giovanna Tassinari (Tel. 838-53079)
Organization: Patrycja Czarniecka-Brandt (Tel. 838-66739)
Staff: 13 student assistants
Tel : 838-55849
Flyer German (PDF)
Flyer English (PDF)
Rules and Regulations (PDF) (German only)