Pre-semester German course spring 2021
1 March - 9 April 2021
Teaching activity in summer semester 2021 at Freie Universität Berlin
12 April - 17 July 2021
Registration deadline for the spring 2021 pre-semester German course
1 February 2021 or when the maximum number of participants has been reached.
- Admission requirements: German language proficiency of at least level A1 (CEFR). (Placement through onSET on the first day of the course)*
- Contents of course:
- Language: Training in reading, listening, speaking and writing argumentative texts. Improvement of oral and written expression, grammar and lexical proficiency.
- Content: selected topics on politics and society in the Federal Republic of Germany within a historical context.
- Target group: students participating in mobility and exchange programmes (e.g. ERASMUS, Direct Exchange, Fulbright, DAAD); other students (depending on availability)
- Course objectives: Levels A2 to C1 of the Common European Framework (CEFR), developed by the Council of Europe
- Lesson times: Monday – Friday between 9:15 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Number of hours: 120 contact hours of 45 minutes each
- ECTS credits: 6
- Course fees:
- €695,00 (course fee including administrative fee) for students participating in mobility and exchange programmes (e.g. ERASMUS, Direct Exchange, Fulbright, DAAD)
- €1.390,00 (course fee including administrative fee) for other students
- Maximum number of participants: 16 per course
Because of the to be expected restrictions due to the Corona pandemic, the courses in March/April 2021 will be taking place in a hybrid form. This means, that the courses will be taught in class (as long as permitted by the university management and authorities) on campus as well as online. Over the six weeks, synchronous and asynchronous sessions take turns. Overall, Vorkurs Deutsch consists of 120 contact hours. It’s planned that 50% of the course will take place in the class room and 50% will be followed online from home. Both forms of class take turns on a regular basis within each week. It is therefore necessary that you are in Berlin when the course starts on March 1, 2021.
*As long as there are restrictions due to the Corona pandemic, it’s possible that the placement test will take place online before the start of the course. The Vorkurs participants will be informed about this in time.