Preparatory German Language Programme spring 2023
6 March - 14 April 2023
Teaching activity during summer semester 2023 at Freie Universität Berlin
17 April - 22 July 2023
Registration deadline for spring 2023
6 February 2023 or when the maximum number of participants has been reached
- Admission requirements: Placement test from level A1.2. The online placement test (onSET-Deutsch) takes place in the two weeks before the start of the programme. Further tests are carried out on the first day of the course.
- Course contents A1 to A2:
- Learning the use of elementary language with short texts and dialogues from everyday student life.
- Building knowledge of the basic grammar and the basic vocabulary in a steep learning curve.
- Teaching material: Course-bearing textbook + additional modules
- Course contents B1 to C1:
- Language: Training in reading, listening, speaking and writing argumentative texts. Improvement of oral and written expression, grammar and lexical proficiency.
- Content: selected topics on politics and society in the Federal Republic of Germany within a historical context.
- Target group: students participating in mobility and exchange programmes (e.g. Erasmus+, Direct Exchange, Fulbright, DAAD); other students (depending on availability)
- Course objectives: Levels A1 to C1 of the Common European Framework (CEFR), developed by the Council of Europe
- Lesson times: Monday – Friday between 9:15 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Number of hours: 120 contact hours of 45 minutes each
- ECTS credits: 6
- Course fees:
- €695,00 (course fee including administrative fee) for students participating in mobility and exchange programmes (e.g. Erasmus+, Direct Exchange, Fulbright, DAAD)
- €1.390,00 (course fee including administrative fee) for other students
- Maximum number of participants: 16 per course