Pre-semester German course autumn 2021
6 September - 15 October 2021
Teaching activity in winter semester 2021/22 at Freie Universität Berlin
18 October 2021 - 19 February 2022
Registration deadline for the autumn 2021 pre-semester German course
9 August 2021 or when the maximum number of participants has been reached.
- Admission requirements: German language proficiency of at least level A1 (CEFR). (Placement through onSET on the first day of the course)*
- Contents of course:
- Language: Training in reading, listening, speaking and writing argumentative texts. Improvement of oral and written expression, grammar and lexical proficiency.
- Content: selected topics on politics and society in the Federal Republic of Germany within a historical context.
- Target group: students participating in mobility and exchange programmes (e.g. ERASMUS, Direct Exchange, Fulbright, DAAD); other students (depending on availability)
- Course objectives: Levels A2 to C1 of the Common European Framework (CEFR), developed by the Council of Europe
- Lesson times: Monday – Friday between 9:15 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Number of hours: 120 contact hours of 45 minutes each
- ECTS credits: 6
- Course fees:
- €695,00 (course fee including administrative fee) for students participating in mobility and exchange programmes (e.g. ERASMUS, Direct Exchange, Fulbright, DAAD)
- €1.390,00 (course fee including administrative fee) for other students
- Maximum number of participants: 16 per course
Because of the to be expected restrictions due to the Corona pandemic, the courses in autumn 2021 will be taking place online in the first two weeks of class to allow all students to quarantine, if necessary. If permitted by the university management and authorities, the course weeks three to six will be taught on campus. It is therefore necessary that you are in Berlin when the campus time starts on September 20, 2021.
If due to new developments and recommendations of public organizations the Vorkurs will not be able to take place on campus, further parts of the teaching activities can be shifted to remote teaching. If necessary according to institutional guidelines, up to 100% of teaching can take place and be completed online (also course weeks 3 to 6).
*As long as there are restrictions due to the Corona pandemic, it’s possible that the placement test will take place online before the start of the course. The Vorkurs participants will be informed about this in time.