European Language Porfolio for Higher Education
European Language Portfolio for Higher Education (ELP)
Portfolio Européen des Langues pour l'Éducation Supérieure (PEL)
What is a Language Portfolio?
The term portfolio refers to a portfolio or wallet in which artists collect their most important works.
The European Language Portfolio was developed by the Council of Europe in order to
- support autonomy and multilingualism
- promote intercultural awareness
- give language learners the opportunity to document their language skills, certificates, and experiences for employers or institutions
- give language learners the opportunity to keep track of their learning progress and projects
- guide language learners in their unique learning development
The European Language Portfolio consists of three parts: the Language Passport, the Language Biography, and a Dossier (a collection of personal documents, e.g. text productions, certificates, presentations, etc.).
You can find copy templates for creating a personal Language Portfolio on the Internet at:
There are also e-Portfolios: http://epos.informatik.uni-bremen.de/
You can find further information and instructions in the sample copies at the CILL / Selbstlernzentrum.
If you have any questions about autonomous language learning, please contact the language learning advising service.
- Europäische Sprachenportfolio