You can be exempted from the test if you fulfil one of the following conditions:
- IELTS (Academic) overall result 6.0 or higher and at least 6.0 in writing
- TOEFL Internet based iB: overall score 90 or higher and at least 20 in writing
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): grades A-C
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): grades A-C
- Cambridge First Certificate of English (FCE): grades A-B
- Cambridge English Scale CPE, CAE und FCE (from January 2015): overall score 173 or higher and at least 173 in writing
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Standard or Higher Level (SL/HL): 4 in English
- 6 months at a university in an English-speaking country, including successful participation on several linguistically demanding courses
- A minimum of 9 points (Leistungskurs/erhöhtes Anforderungsniveau) or 11 points (Grundkurs) in the written part of the Abitur exam for English. For more information on this please see the information in German on exemption from the language test.
Please note that we can only exempt applicants on the grounds listed above. Further, your certificate (or transcript of records verifying a period of study at a university in an English-speaking country) must not be older than three years.
Please do not submit your certificates with your admissions application. Email a scanned copy of your certificate(s) verifying any of the above-listed exemption criteria as an attachment, with your applicant account and date of birth to: email@example.com
Applicants need to do this before 12:00 (midday) on July 15th 2018.
Please submit your exemption request in good time so that you can still participate in the test if required.
You may also go to the office hour of either Peter Stear or Mark Baker in order to have your exemption request processed.